Friday, March 17, 2017

best drug rehabilitation centers

best drug rehabilitation centers

cody: my name’s cody coburn, i’m20 years old and i’m from york pennsylvania. i went to my first rehab a few months ago.it was a 12 step rehab, 30 day program and got out, and now i’m here. i was the black sheep of my family and i wantedto do..i did everything in my power to do everything they told me not to do. just ayear and a half ago, i tried heroin. it ruined a ton of things for me. like, really bad. i was selected to play for the people of allgood music festival. and i got a call, and they wanted to meet up with me and they gaveme tickets to go sell back home to all these people. and i had all my tickets sold, andyou know, like, i spent that money on heroin.

and didn’t really tell anybody. i spentall this money on heroin, there was a few people that went there, and went to see meplay and i wasn’t there. when i first got here, i was real scared,and i was like shaking…i was scared to death. i didn’t know where i was i didn’t knowwho these people were. i thought like i had to carry a shank with me the whole time. but,it wasn’t like that. i grabbed my guitar and there was literally a concert going onin the smoke shack. and everybody, it was just all eyes on me. it really changed mywhole perspective. i mean, it was probably like the first time i ever played actuallysober. and it felt really good. and it gives me hope. i wrote more songs here in the time that i’vebeen here than i have in my entire life.

all of my songs have a message, but this oneis more out in the open about drug addiction and being able to cope with that. (singing) to look at how far you’ve come,and where you belong, to look at how far you’ve gone, and whereyou went wrong. i came to this place, because they have amusic program. you know, i thought i was more creative when i was high but that’s notvery true. there’s a lot of artists and musicians out there, who just give up becausewe are told by society to live by society’s standards. i love it here. i respect everyone here. ijust came to this realization that inner peace

is starts with the things around me. i’vealways felt like you know like it starts within my self, no, it starts with the things aroundme. and that’s how i got through it. (singing) oh sweet serenity, grab ahold of me. and pull me in. (singing) oh sweet clarity, she's sending me. the devil in a dress, dressed in red

No comments:

Post a Comment